Tuesday, May 8, 2007

The Late Show: Showing a Little Skin

Regis Philbin appeared on The Late Show tonight, and it reminded me why David Letterman is a national treasure. Regis was going on and on about Dave's socks, and Dave pulled his pants up over his knees in order to demonstrate. Why is that hilarious? I don't know, but it killed me, the sight of this 60-year-old man wearing a $3000 suit pulling his cuffs up over his old man knees. It has me smiling my way to sleep. I think it's because Dave's just a big kid, but in a generous way. Some adults are like children, but in a totally selfish way that makes you want to smack them upside the head. Dave's the kind of kid who just wants to make the grownups giggle by being a giant goofball. Can we order up some more people like that for the world?

No comments: