Sunday, January 11, 2009

Liveblogging the Golden Globes Part 3

8:37 Ricky Gervais! Always funny. I'm sure I'll get sick of it eventually, but I think it's 15 years off or so. He yells at them all for talking and being rude. And then he tells Kate Winslet that he told her she'd win if she made a Holocaust movie. Also, he's got a beer in hand, which is how this is supposed to go. Ok, this almost makes up for the Best TV Actor win. He introduces Happy Go Lucky. If I want to catch up on the nominated films while they're still in theaters, I have my work cut out for me.

8:40 The Jonas Brothers. They did a good job of reading and wearing perfectly matched/but sort of mismatched suits selected by their stylist. Category is Best Animated Film. I'm guessing the winner is Wall-E....

8:41 ... and the winner is Wall-E. Shocking. But really, are they going to give it to Bolt? Kung Fu Panda? I have total respect for what animators do -- they are extraordinary artists and deserve to be recognized. But most mainstream animated films won't get me to a theater.

8:42: Johnny Depp presents Best Actress in a Comedy. I have to say it's nice how the GGs move along at quite the clip. The only one of these movies I've seen is Vicky, Christina, Barcelona, and I really enjoyed Penelope Cruz. Sally Hawkins wins for Happy Go Lucky. She really is cute. Maybe I'll go see this one. It's at least more likely than me watching Mama Mia.

No comments: