Sunday, January 11, 2009

Liveblogging the Golden Globes Part 6

9:17 I don't understand why In Bruges is getting so much acclaim. Three nominations? It was kind of interesting, but by no means a "great" movie. But I don't understand the film industry very well. I like getting to know a show on television over a longer period of time, so I can really evaluate how good it is. Movies just don't tend to have as much of an effect on me. I saw Doubt a couple weeks ago, and it was an interesting movie, really well acted, but I stopped thinking about it less than 12 hours after seeing it. I don't know. Maybe I just have ADD.

9:21: Best Screenplay is Slumdog Millionaire. This is one movie I will definitely see.

9:22: Huh, is Alec Baldwin nominated for both Best Actor and Best Supporting Actor for 30 Rock? Or maybe I screwed up earier in the show. Because Alec Baldwin just won for Best Actor in a Comedy. Which is awesome. Very funny, classy speech. The reference to his daughter is sadly a bit awkward. It's one of those times when I wish I knew less about famous people's private lives. But he really deserves the win, if only because he's so thoroughly entertaining. Which is supposed to be what this whole business is about, not swaying my vote or getting me to recycle.

No comments: