Sunday, January 11, 2009

Liveblogging the Golden Globes Part 4

8:49 Commercial Break. I recently discovered these little individual serving pie slices from Edwards. I've had them in Reese's, Oreo, and Key Lime. The key lime, which I'm enjoying right now, is definitely my favorite. They're only $3 for a 2-pack. And even though it says they have to be flawed, I've never had to. It's the ideal little dessert for people who often eat dinner alone, late, on their couches. Wow, that sounds sad. But it's not! I love eating my late dinners alone on my couch, watching television.

8:52 Wow, Pierce Brosnan looks really happy to see Jake Gyllenhall on stage. Weird. Jake's introducing The Curious Case of Benjamin Button for Best Drama. I will see this one. It could be too long and ridiculous. But if they pull it off, I think it could be one of those genuinely transporting movies. I know I said I was sick of Brad Pitt, but it's got Cate Blanchett. Who I am decidedly not sick of.

8:54 Holy crap. Drew Barrymore's giant blonde Marilyn Monroe hair is AWESOME in a trainwreck way. I love it. She looks wasted and crazy, but I think her hair is giving off that impression all by itself. I nominate Drew's hair for best supporting actress in a television special. Anyway, Best Miniseries or TV Movie is John Adams. Which gives Tom Hanks a chance to accept an award. How novel!

8:57 Demi Moore is still extraordinarily well preserved. Oh, and she just told Rumer not to hunch! Ha! Demi must go nuts whenever she sees Rumer in photos, because the girl has the insulent hunch down. Best Supporting Actor in a Drama. This one is full of great performances, and it goes to Heath Ledger for Dark Knight, which is deserved and also really sad. Oh, they've prepared a clip of Heath as the Joker in case he one. Smart, and also really sad. He was amazing. It's awful for the world that we won't have the chance to see him do more, but much worse is the fact that such a talented person died so young and didn't have the opportunity to really enjoy what would surely have been an amazing body of work. I didn't expect this to get to me, but it did. Anyway, good for Heath, but it really doesn't matter at this point, which is the worst part of all.

No comments: